WE ARE THE CAPTAIN HERE..IYE2 CAPTAIN!!

always be loved!

Monday, May 3, 2010

DREAM OF A MUSLIMAH by chie(part 1)

I remember it was raining and I was catching a bus back to the old town where I lived. It was cold, I looked out of the bus, holy rain is dropping lightly from the gloomy sky. The bus was moving so fast and as the bus moving, I could see grounds are all covered up with the wetness. “Covered up”? The word rang in my head. Image of hijab and tudung flashed on my mind.
_________________________________________________________________

For the two hours journey, I couldn’t sleep even once. My mind was filled up with everything matters. I was born as a Muslim but I didn’t pray enough five times a day like other Muslim. I hardly read the doa’ after pray. People could say I was illiterate in a way but I’m not and it just because at times, it took me a long while to finish even a short verse from the Quran. It was in Arabic and I was never taught Arabic, that was my excuse of not reading. I thought as long as you have a good heart that‘s good enough. And if you don’t commit huge sins, you’ll be fine. But what she said, made my whole perspective looked, vain.
__________________________________________________________________________



I was from Kedah and on my way back home to Perak region. My heart wasn’t at ease. What she said had made me thinking, and I was thinking real hard. She was a nice girl. ‘Be a true Muslim, and not just a Muslim by name,’ she said politely with a smile, but the meaning was intense. She was merely quoting and was not saying it to me but my heart was touched. What kind of Muslim, had I been all these while? I don’t want to be a Muslim and only by name. It doesn’t sound good either. As the bus moved, heading to Perak where I lived, I let out few sighs.



No comments:

Post a Comment